Do you want to help plan Alaska’s best wildlife conference? Sound like something you’d be interested in? Email twsalaska (at) gmail.com and we’ll send you details when we meet!
About the Working Group
The Conference Organizing Working Group organizes the Chapter’s Annual Meeting. The group is led by the President-Elect, who organizes monthly calls in the fall and winter to discuss all aspects related to our wildlife conference. They volunteer to complete tasks like researching venues and catering menus, securing sponsors, and ordering merchandise. Being in the working group is a great opportunity to connect with fellow wildlife professionals, get involved in your local Chapter, and experience the excitement that goes on behind-the-scenes. Needless to say, members of the Working Group are key to the success of Alaska’s premier wildlife conference!
Want to Join the Chapter?
It’s never too late to join or renew your membership to the Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society.
- Large network of wildlife professionals across Alaska
- Platform for presenting research at the Annual Meeting
- Keep informed on current issues and research in Alaska
- Opportunity for professional development during workshops
- Connect with potential employers
- “The Alaskan Wildlifer” newsletter delivered to your inbox