A One Health Approach to Human Interactions with, and uses of, Wildlife
April 18th – 21st, 2022
REGISTRATION & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Join us for the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society! This year’s meeting will be held online.
Registration includes attendance to all presentations, workshops, and social events. You must register in order to receive a link to attend the virtual meeting.
Conference registration is closed! See you next year!
AK TWS member* – $25
Non-member – $50
Student, early career professional**, retiree – Free
New this year! We are offering a flat rate for organizations based on the number of attendees:
- 50+ registrants: $1500
- 25-49 registrants: $1000
- Less than 25 registrants: $500
Please contact us at twsalaska (at) gmail.com if you would like to take advantage of these discounted rates.
*To benefit from the members-only rate, you must be a member of both The Wildlife Society and the Alaska Chapter. You can join both on the national TWS website. The registration page offers the option to Add a Chapter, which is where you can select the Alaska Chapter.
**Typically 3-5 years after graduation, but we recognize this isn’t a one-size-fits-all category.
AWARDS & TRAVEL GRANTS
The Awards Committee for the Alaska Chapter of The Wildlife Society strives to recognize professional excellence and conservation achievement. The volunteer committee consists of Cynthia Wardlow (chair), Layne Adams, Alexandra Lewis, and Kevin White.
Please think of colleagues you consider deserving and consider a nomination for one or more of the three categories.
Send nominations to cwardlowak (at) gmail.com by Friday, April 1, 2022.
- The nomination must be from current Alaska Chapter member(s)
- The nominee does not have to be a current or former Alaska Chapter member
- The nomination should fit on a single page (excluding the letter of recommendation) and should include:
- The name of person submitting and date
- The name of the nominee with current and past conservation-related employment, and professional affiliations (as best known)
- A brief description (<200 words) of achievements related to the award category
- One letter of recommendation (1 page, 1 side) from another colleague or collaborator (who does not have to be a Chapter member) that includes the name of person making the recommendation and date
- The nomination period opens after the annual meeting and closes 2 months prior to the next annual meeting.
Student Wildlife Conservation Award
- Individual or team achievement in research or management
- Distinguished service to the Alaska Chapter or UAF Student Chapter
Wildlife Conservation Award
- Outstanding professional achievement during the preceding five years by individual or team in research or management
- Lifetime achievement for excellence in professional accomplishments over at least 20 years (may be received only once)
- Distinguished service to Alaska Chapter
- Distinguished service to students or young professionals
- Good natured roasting for an embarrassing event presented at the banquet; recipient name and year are added to object that is re-awarded each year
- Award name suggestions? (e.g., Colorado Chapter has a “blown blunderbuss” award)
Past Wildlife Conservation Award Recipients
Dr. Jerry Hupp, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Alex Prichard, Wildlife Conservation Award (Outstanding Professional Achievement)
Matthew Cameron, Student Wildlife Conservation Award
John Neary, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Dr. Travis Booms, Wildlife Conservation Award (Distinguished Service to Students or Young Professionals)
Jesika Reimer, Wildlife Conservation Award (Outstanding Professional Achievement)
Shelby McCahon, Student Wildlife Conservation Award
Jeff Wagner, Student Wildlife Conservation Award
Dr. Audrey Magoun, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Charles B. “Rick” Johnson, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Dr. Layne Adams, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Jim Dau, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Dr. John Trent, Wildlife Conservation Award (Lifetime Achievement)
Elise Stacy, Student Wildlife Conservation Award
Mary Whalen, Wildlife Conservation Award (Distinguished Service)
Dr. David Gustine, Wildlife Conservation Award (Outstanding Professional Achievement)
David James – Wildlife Biologist, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Kevin White – Wildlife Biologist, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Dr. Perry Barboza – Professor of Biology, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
Rod Flynn – Wildlife Biologist, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Doug Larsen – Wildlife Biologist, Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Dr. Dave Yokel – Wildlife Biologist, Bureau of Land Management, Fairbanks
Dr. Erich H. Follmann, Professor of Zoology, University of Alaska, Fairbanks
HOW TO ATTEND
You must register to the conference in order to receive an email invitation with a link to the meeting.
To join the meeting, you must first download the free Zoom software or application for mobile and tablet devices. Once you have downloaded the software or app, simply click the invitation link and enter the password that will be provided to you.
Don’t have a reliable Internet connection? No problem! We will provide all participants with a toll-free conference number so you can call-in using your phone.
The Zoom software for desktop should work on most recent computers (2010 or newer). An Internet connection of 1 Mbps or faster is recommended. Detailed requirements are offered below. You can also test your network connection and system requirements.
On a PC
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 or later
- Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or faster)
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB or more of RAM
On a Mac
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection (1 Mbps or faster)
- Intel processor with 2GB or more of RAM
On an iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows mobile device
- Download the free Zoom app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Windows Store.
BECOME A SPONSOR
We offer several levels for sponsoring our annual meeting.
See our Sponsorship / Vendor agreement for prices and options.
Curious about our past meetings? You can view past programs and read notes from our annual Business Meeting on our Documents page.
THANK YOU CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
A huge thanks to the members of the Conference Organizing Working Group for overseeing this year’s planning of the Chapter’s Annual Meeting: Alex Lewis, Alex Prichard, Amanda Zuelke, Ashlynn Nakvinda, Chris Krenz, Jeff Stetz, Jeff Wagner, Kaiti Ott, Kim Jochum, Kimberlee Beckmen, Kristin Denryter, Max Goldman, Michael Guttery, Nate Svoboda, Roy Churchwell, Ryan Mollnow, Shawn Crimmins, Tessa Hasbrouck, Tim Peltier, and Tom Paragi.